Wednesday, April 28, 2010

Updates and Annoucements

I was looking back and reading over previous posts.  I started this blog about 1 year ago now.  Man, was life different then.   I was 6 months pregnant and to think about how the important things have changed since then.  Its a whole new world!  
A few posts back, I mentioned that a resolution I was going to work on was to be not so busy.  All-in-all, I think as far as running around goes, I've held up to that, but still busy non the less!  Too busy to blog like I'd really hoped, so you'll get a big post this time! 

Below are some really great pictures from Kaitlyn's baptism back in March.  I got these photos from Andrea and she did an awesome job capturing these moments for us.



Our Family, Deacon Gary and Kaitlyn's Godparents Mike Pechacek and Angela Gill shown below.

Bruce's Dad and Lisa
My Parents
Bruce's Mom
The Griffith Family





Bruce has been loving the spring - fishing fishing fishing!  His latest method is Bow Fishing with his awesome Fishing Guide Jeff Casey!
Meanwhile, back in Mineral Wells, Kaitlyn is taking after her grandparents and learning how to gamble! Grandpa has some pretty fun toys to play with!! Lots of pretty lights and sounds.  Didn't take her very long to learn how this operates.

Kaitlyn LOVES the cats! She'll practically get whip lash looking for them around the house.  I think besides Da-da, kitty cat may become her favorite words.  The cats have been pretty tolerate, but I'm not sure the feelings are equally mutual.


Here's just a few more pictures from February and March that I hadn't had a chance to get on here yet.  Kaitlyn's first St. Patrick's Day, she and Pa attending one of Taylor's basketball games where Kaitlyn snuggled down in Pa's warm arms and took a little cat nap.  One trip to Bass Pro setting in a tree stand and just a few other cute snapshots.


That brings us to Kaitlyn's 9 month check up.  At 6 months she weighed 12lbs and the dr thought that was a little small so she suggested we see a genetics dr.  At 9 months we got in and Kaitlyn was diagnosed with a variant of something called Turner's Syndrome.  You're made up of 46 chromosomes and the last pair determines whether you're male or female.  Turners syndrome typically means that the XX is missing an X.  Kaitlyn has both XX's but the 2nd X is abnormal.  It has a little less of one thing and an extra of another.  Typically symptoms of Turner's Syndrome consist of short stature and delayed puberty along with infertility.  Additional complications can also affect kidneys and heart.  Since Kaitlyn's is a "variant", they don't anticipate she'll have many, if any complications, but it might explain her smallness.  At 9 months she's weighing in at 14lbs 14oz and 26" long.  The Genetics dr does want to do some follow up with a sonogram of her kidneys and an echo on her heart just to be sure nothing was affected like they are predicting.  She's developing right on schedule though pulling up on everything she possibily can and walking around with the help of a box, basket or couch whenever possible!  She's clapping now and ready to play Patty Cake at any moments notice!  This whole setting and standing up I think is messing with her sleeping some.  I hear her at different times throughout the night crying, still asleep, but setting or standing up in her crib.  We finally had to lower her crib mattress as well. And she thinks she's ready to eat all kinds of things with her 6 teeth!

I guess the most exciting, interesting, and unexpected news that came along with Kaitlyn's 9 month birthday was....she's going to be a big sister!!!  The day before she turned 9 months, I took a pregnancy test and to my shock and surprise!!! It was POSITIVE!!  Scheduled an appointment and the dr wasn't in that day, but 2 nurses determined I may be 6 to 8 weeks along.  I go back May 6th for an official sonogram and maybe get a real due date!!  I was a little overwhelmed and shocked, but it will be nice for them to have each other and of course Taylor always watching out for them.  Kaitlyn shared the news with her big sister by wearing a onsie that read "I'm the Big" on the front and "Sister" on the back.   Taylor was so excited she and Kaitlyn spun around and around until Kaitlyn spit up!  Taylor has been such a great big sister and a wonderful helper!!

No comments:

Post a Comment


FREE Hit Counters!

Followers