Thursday, July 29, 2010

July Firsts

I must say that this 4th of July was a 1st for me; it was unlike any other I've had before.  Normally, the 4th would include packing up and heading to the lake.  Most of the time with Jello-shots in tow with the exception of last year (which was crazy -- but it at least involved the lake).  This year, however, having almost a 1 yr old, we stayed pretty low key.  Just a trip to Mineral Wells to watch the fireworks from Ram Stadium!  We met Pa and Ga and Charity at the Tractor Supply to watch Kaitlyn's first fireworks.  She was captivated by them.  They started out with one loud BOOM - which didn't startle her, just grabber her attention.  She'd even point at her favorite ones!


Taylor has had a busy month.  She went to a music camp at Christ Chapel which was really an awesome performance!  They learned a ton of songs and put it all to a little skit; it was really top notch.  Several of her fellow classmates went and she made a few new friends.  The kids all arranged to meet up at Ol' South Pancake house after there big performance Friday night. 

She also got to go to the Transition Camp at Lake Texoma for the Young Women's Leadership Academy she'll be attending next school year.  She said they did a lot of team building activities and they got to put waders on and go into the lake looking for ... nature things I guess??  She came back singing a lot of the same songs we learned at Girl Scout camp when I was little and then again when I was Melanie's Daisy Girl Scout Leader.

And Basketball season is under way.  We signed her up in Grand Prairie so that Bruce and Mitch could coach Tori and Taylor on the same team.  They're having a hard time getting all of the girls to practice together but they did manage to win the 2nd game of the season so far!


July 18th I got a text message from Lindsey where she and Jeff had gone fishing again. At first glance, I knew nothing they were catching could be as good as the last "catch" they got and sent pictures of..which was:
 ...her engagement ring!  I thought this time it looked like she's pulled up a plastic bag or something .. but looking a little closer .. I saw what was "biting:"

I'm not sure if "don't drink the water" applies here or not....but it looks like Lindsey and Jeff are going to have a baby come next March!!  I'm super excited about their announcement!


I had a dr's appointment July 20th.  We found out we're having another girl!  Taylor's response was "Uh! I really wanted a brother this time!"  I told her .. she was late getting her prayers in this time I guess.  Too much texting and not enough praying I think!  Of course I think she was just saying what Bruce was thinking.  I'm excited about having another girl though. Kaitlyn is so much fun - -and will probably only get better dressing them in similar outfits and being able to use what we already have.  I told Bruce and Taylor that I wouldn't get my tubes tied just yet -- but we'd talk about trying for a boy a little further down the road ...a little further along down the road than 6 months after this one's born!

And - the part I think I'm most excited about is that mine and Lindsey's babies will be only 4 months apart and be in the same grade level when school time starts!

July 22nd was Kaitlyn's one year birthday! Can you believe it?  What can you do to make time not fly by so quickly??  Every moment has been fun, challenging, rewarding, unimaginable and unpredictable.  I have truly dropped everything life used to be and refocused since she's been here.  What a blessing she's been in our lives!

Below are a few pictures from each month showing how she's grown this last year.  Can you even imagine what this time next year's going to hold??

We had her birthday party July 24th at the house.  We had about 30 people show up and Kaitlyn had a great time playing with friends her own age!  It's so fun to see them interact with one another.  I'm thinking she really enjoyed her cake too.  And I think it took a few days to wear off.  She has continued partying the following week by staying up running around playing til 1 in the morning having herself a great time.  Have I ever mentioned she's not really big on sleeping?? She'd much rather be up and knowing what is going on in the world.  She received a lot of cute outfits for her birthday, a tunnel to crawl in, a kitchen and a barn with shapes and letters that fit in corresponding holes that I think was love it first site.  I know we have anything from measuring spoons and pots and pans to biter biscuits and other toys spread throughout the house.


No comments:

Post a Comment


FREE Hit Counters!

Followers