I got this far and the next coat of paint I put on, it all bubbled up and blistered. So disappointing. Now I'll have to find a sander and start over.
I have learned some new vocabulary. It's good to know there are terms to describe having babies this close together. We'd been doing interviews at work and this one Hispanic lady we were interviewing said "Oh! You're having 'mexican twins!" Another lady I work with said the same thing. She has 4 kids and her oldest two, who are not twins, both graduated high school this year. Another term I heard was "baby bunching." Juggling two under the age of two would be the official definition of this new vocabulary. I have read where the ideal spacing between siblings is 2 1/2 to three years however, it's becoming more and more common to have them closer together so that your kids share the same milestones, toys, and can be closer throughout their lives. The older one will not remember a time without the younger. People keep telling me, 'Oh! my kids are X amount of months apart and they are best friends!" I'm praying that's true! I can't tell you my anxiety about how this will change Kaitlyn and how I'm praying everyone I have talked to is correct.
Bruce and Taylor are still doing volleyball. Bruce has a pretty good group of girls who keep getting better at volleyball. The YMCA had arranged for the girls to have a tournament at TCU. They were all excited to be playing there. TCU really has a nice sports complex. After the girls' game, they had been invited to attend a TCU volleyball game.
After the game, one of Taylor's teammates and friends came to stay the night. Sunday morning we decided it was so nice out side we'd load up and head to the Zoo. We figured Kaitlyn would really like seeing the animals and it might be a while before we'd have an opportunity to go again.
I'm not sure being this pregnant was a good idea. I don't think I could take another step with my poor swollen feet once we got back to the car. Guess it's not much different than going to Schlitterbahn when I was 9 months pregnant with Kaitlyn though.
Courtney invited us out to Palo Pinto for the fall festival and trick or treating. I love the small town atmosphere. I sure miss it. The little k-6 school put on a nice fall festival with a lot of raffles (where Bruce won a bird feeder) and games to play along with a bounce house Kaitlyn LOVED! Melissa and Bruce took her in there and she didn't want to leave. I got to see some friends I hadn't seen in a while too. After the festival, Courtney's brother and sister-in-law had a hay ride ready for us to go all around Palo Pinto trick or treating. What fun! Kaitlyn loved her little Kitty Cat costume too. She is SO cute running around with that little pink tail wagging behind her. She liked helping us hand out candy at home too. We had our "witch's pot" filled with candy and we sat out in the front yard passing out candy to quiet a few trick or treaters this year. The neighbors across the street sat outside and passed out candy too.
Oh! And we all agreed on a name finally. Macy Grace.



No comments:
Post a Comment