Faye Lynn went in for surgery at the end of September and by the end of October she'd be diagnosed with Stage 4 cancer. She had to retire mid October.
October/November is a busy time for our department. State submission of Student Data is due at this time and without Faye Lynn's expertise, we had to figure some things out on our own! Luckily I did learn a lot from her which made things much easier than I'm sure they would have been otherwise. Needless to say though, things at work were super busy! In addition, my other co-worker, who is also sharp as a tack when it comes to all rules and guidelines, was hospitalized with pneumonia! So here we were down two people and each day is questionable at best for me!
I wouldn't say this pregnancy has been hard, but at this point, I'm feeling some pressure. Walking -- sometimes not so easy. Laying down is about out of the question. My new bed has become the recliner. I had been falling asleep there when Kaitlyn wakes up at night since she's still not the best sleeper, but now it's a matter of comfort that it has became where I did all my sleeping.
One appointment this month the Dr. said I was dilating and then the next she said I was fine. When I was pregnant with Kaitlyn, I remember the 9th month I was freaking out because I nervous about when my water would break or where I'd be or if today was going to be the day. With this pregnancy, I didn't think I had to worry about those things since I had a scheduled c-section. But when the Dr. said I was dilating and that if my water should break, just come on in and we'd have a baby..that panic returned! Would today be the day!?! Would I have an embarrassing situation at work or at the grocery store where my water breaks and what's that like anyway!? Bruce and I had a plan for what we'd do with Kaitlyn for the c-section but hadn't really come up with much if something else should happen.
Thursday, November 11th, I had come to a stopping place at work and cleaned up my desk area and filed away papers. Lucky for me because as Bruce and I went to bed that night I felt something funny and about an hour later I knew my water had broken. As I just mentioned, we really didn't have a plan so at 11:30 I was calling my friend Crystal who'd been my friend since kindergarten. I'm not sure it really registered with her husband who answered the phone in a sleepy voice asking me what's up but Crystal made it to the house in record time. By 1:54 am November 12th, my precious, all-the-while, unexpected but not unplanned little Macy Grace was born 7lbs, 5oz and 20 inches long with a full head of hair. Unfortunately Dr. Gardner was not on call that night, but the other doctors in her office were already there and had just done a c-section so my wait was not that long. I was glad because like with Kaitlyn, my contractions were every minute on the minute. They gave me Demerol with Kaitlyn but with Macy I just had to wait for my spinal on the operating table.
Look at how simliar Macy looks compared to Kaitlyn. These pictures were all taken when the girls were 7 days old. The left is Macy and the right is Kaitlyn.





No comments:
Post a Comment