Tuesday, June 9, 2009

Busy Mineral Wells Weekend

We headed West last friday night to Mineral Wells for a busy, fun-filled weekend.
Saturday Lindsey, Sharon and Andrea hosted a Shower in Mineral Wells at the church I grew up in. Alot of good friends were able to make it! I was excited to introduce Taylor to my former piano teacher and have a chance to catch up with her some.
Charity came in carrying a Bassinet filled with clothes and picture frames and albums. I thought that idea of the bassinet filled with presents was familiar. I told my mom on the way home that I thought I had done something like that for her when Cambren was born. When we got home, my sister reminded me that bassinet used to be my nephew Tyson's and I got it from Sharon to give to Charity at her shower.
























After, the shower we celebrated my niece Mackenzie's 10th Birthday! Melanie had helped me bake the cake Saturday morning.
























Sunday, Taylor and I loaded up to go home and Bruce took off for an afternoon with the guys bow fishing. They had a good time w/ only a couple of fisherman going overboard on occassion.


Monday Taylor started swimming lessons. She wasn't real excited about them at first, but she really enjoyed them once she got there. It's hard to explain that kids do well in the pool --but don't know the correct ways to swim and why that's important.























After the swimming lessons, we had just enough time to make it to see Up in 3D. I have mixed feelings about that movie. I won't give anything away, but I thought the whole movie was really pretty sad. I was expecting it to be more funny than sad. I did like the 3D aspect though.

2 comments:

  1. Meg,

    Sorry I could not make the MW baby shower. I am thinking about you and praying for your safe delivery and a wonderful healthy baby!! Can't wait!

    Love,
    Andrea

    ReplyDelete
  2. cute shower dress! so share: where are you getting your maternity stuff?? hopefully (fingers crossed!) i'll be having to figure all of that out next year and i want to be oh-so-fashionable like you!

    ReplyDelete


FREE Hit Counters!

Followers