Sunday, July 19, 2009

Nesting

Six days until the original due date! (Although, the date given after one of the sonograms was August 2nd.) I think I have fallen into the "nesting" phase, as they say happens. Last weekend, I made sure all of our laundry was done and then some, vacuumed and cleaned the carpets and even organized our closet. We'd been on the run so much during the last few months, that nesting or not, I really just needed to catch up. My sister and I also enjoyed an afternoon of manicures and pedicures. I also got my hair cut!

Kaitlyn's bedroom is ready and waiting for her -- as well as her vast wardrobe!

Bruce has been nesting as well I think. He's also been doing some house cleaning (which he's pretty awesome at doing that anyway) and washing our cars inside and out. (which I think must be why it finally rained today!) Here's some pictures we took on our way home today:


Bruce, with the help of Jeff and Jim, started getting his own items in order before Kaitlyn gets here. Early "nesting" for Hunting season. We can't bring a new life into this world without a suitable deer blind right!?!
Taylor and I have packed our bags for the hospital and Kaitlyn's is packed too! We also have been working on a very important project for all of our visitors at the hospital and those that come over afterwards. Some people hand out cigars and some hand out candy-bars with special labels. Taylor and I have been doing bottle duty! Not baby bottles, but bottles for celebration! We'll be handing out little wine bottles with Kaitlyn's Grandpa's homemade wine. He bottled all the wine for us and Taylor and I have been labeling, tying ribbons and putting the shrinks on.

I have another dr's appointment Tuesday with a sonogram! Can't wait to see how things are shaping up! The one area I still need to "nest" for is the kitchen -- need to grocery shop and THEN...I think we'll be all ready!

1 comment:

  1. I LOVE this blog!! Her room looks great & the closet cracks me up!! Love Bruce's "nesting" phase as well. I bet Jim-Britt will be doing the same type nesting since Colt is due durring hunting season LOL! Silly Daddies!! The wine bottles are so cool, can't wait to see them in person!! Hope you are feeling great! Good luck the next few weeks!

    ReplyDelete


FREE Hit Counters!

Followers